(Makes about 4 dozen small muffin-sized treats)
Strawberry Breakfast Souffles
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ cup Milk
- 2 dozen Large Eggs
- ¼ tsp Cream of Tartar
- 1 dozen Sliced Strawberries
- 1-2 cups Sanding sugar (or granulated sugar)
- 1. Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees
- 2. Separate eggs into yolks in one container and whites into a mixing bowl.
- 3. In a separate container, combine flour, baking soda, sugar and salt.
- 4. Add cream of tartar to egg whites and mix on medium to medium high speed until they form soft to stiff peaks - approximately 5 minutes.
- 5. Add milk to egg yolks and beat until consistent throughout.
- 6. Combine egg yolks and milk with dry ingredients and mix until consistent throughout.
- 7. Slowly add egg whites to flour and egg mixture, gently folding all the ingredients together until thoroughly combined. (Be sure to use a large bowl)
- 8. Generously oil a medium-sized, one-dozen each muffin pan(s) and gently portion mix into each spot. (If mix sits for very long it will need to be continually remixed each time before you portion it out)
- 9. Place about 3-4 slices of strawberries into each soufflé.
- 10. Gently sprinkle about a 2 teaspoons of sanding sugar (can substitute granulated sugar if need be) on top of each soufflé.
- 11. Bake for approximately 11 minutes until tops are golden brown.
- 12. Remove from oven and serve immediately.
For Mother’s day this year we made a tasty little treat. Try it out, see what you think.