“Homemade Butter Recipe”
Want a good homemade butter recipe? Here is a good way to start making your own butter.
When making your own homemade butter recipe, keep a few things in mind.
#1 – Go with “Pasturerized” not “Ultra-Pasturized” heavy cream for your homemade butter recipe.
#2 – When you have whipped it for a long time and it still hasn’t seperated . . . Just keep going, this homemade butter recipe takes a while.
#3 – When it does seperate, keep the liquid-it’s usable buttermilk! So not only are you getting a great homemade butter recipe, you’re getting a great homemade buttermilk recipe as well.
Homemade Butter Recipe (& Buttermilk Recipe)
Yield: Approximately 1 Cup
Volume Weight Ingredient
2 cups 10 oz Pasteurized (not ultrapasteurized) Heavy Whipping Cream
1 Tsp Salt (Optional)
- Allow Heavy Cream to come to room temperature sitting it on the counter for approximately 30 minutes.
- Pour Heavy Cream into mixing bowl and mix on medium speed for approximately 20 minutes, or until fat and liquid separates.
- Stop mixing and remove liquid (buttermilk) from bowl and reserve for future use.
(Optional) – Mix in Salt to Butter if desired at this point.
- Using a spatula, remove the fat from the mixing bowl and place it on a flat piece of plastic wrap.
- Roll the plastic around the butter and close tightly. Store in the refrigerator or freezer for future use.
So try making your own homemade butter recipe, it’s a good way to understand your cooking and/or baking ingredients!
You’re now a pro with your Homemade Butter Recipe!