Chocolate Chip Cocoreos
Serving Size: 1 dozen Large or 2 dozen Medium
2½ cups All Purpose Flour
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
1 teaspoon Salt
1½ cup Shredded Coconut
2 sticks Unsalted Butter (melted)
1 cup Granulated Sugar
1 cup Light Brown Sugar (packed)
2 each Large Eggs
1 teaspoon Vanilla
1 each Oreo per Cookie
3 each 4 oz 60% Chocolate Bar
1 each 12 oz Bag Chocolate Chips
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine and mix flour, baking soda, ½ cup shredded coconut and salt in one bowl.
- In another bowl, combine butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla and whip until frothy and consistent throughout.
- Slowly combine flour, baking soda and salt mix to the bowl of mixed eggs, butter, sugar and vanilla and mix until totally combined.
- Chop chocolate bars (skip step if using chocolate chips).
- Fold in chocolate chunks or chips to dough.
- Place 1 cup of shredded coconut in a bowl and roll cookie dough portions in shredded coconut until coated.
- Place cookie dough portions on two half sheet pans.
*For large cookies distribute 6 cookies throughout pan.
*For medium cookies distribute 12 cookies throughout pan.
- Bake one pan at a time for 5 minutes and then rotate pan 180 degrees and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and push an oreo into the center of each cookie while they are still hot, let sit on hot pan 5 minutes before removing. Let pans cool completely before placing more dough on them.